At the Centre for European Schooling we are committed to providing the highest level of support to our English Second Language students. Our overall aim is to give our ESL students the language skills they require to be able to integrate into their mainstream classes and fully participate in all areas of school life.
We endeavour to see our students become most confident in their use of English. This confidence will help them progress and succeed throughout their studies and into their future. We examine each student’s individual needs and work with them on a programme that is appropriate to their level.
We do this in a number of ways:
- classes are provided at suitable times during the day in accordance with student class timetables.
- The number of ESL classes provided will depend on the specific needs of the students.
- The four skills: reading, writing, listening, speaking will be taught in accordance with the level and needs of each of our our students.
- We use active learning methodologies which help our students to improve their English through fun, exciting and engaging lessons.
- We have a wide variety of ESL and IT resources including the daily use of Interactive Whiteboards.