The academic year 2012 – 2013 saw the introduction of the CES Tutor System. All CES students have been assigned a tutor in order to help develop the academic and pastoral needs of our students.
The role of the tutor is to:
- Check day-to-day sections are complete
- Sign day-to-day sections
- Sign Exam Reflections
- Help students devise a Study Plan
- Provide general academic advice
- Keep an eye on student progress
- Encourage & motivate students
- Foster in students the importance of taking responsibility for their learning
How does it work?
Tutor time takes place in small groups each morning (except European Hour morning) from 8.25 a.m. – 8.35 a.m..
Tutor time takes place during a designated free period in the week. If this is not possible the role of tutor is fulfilled as best as possible during part of a language class (without impacting on the curriculum).
The CES Tutor System is a progressive way of helping our students achieve their full potential.