(in accordance with Type II Accreditation to Year 5)
CES students follow mainstream education at both primary and secondary levels and attend First Language classes at the following times:
Secondary School: Irish (Mainstream time)
- We provide five LI classes per week.
- LI subjects are taught through the mother tongue while all mainstream subjects are taught through English.
Programmes and Examinations
- European Schools’ syllabi are used for LI and the Centre undergoes regular European School Inspections www.eursc.eu
- The Centre is accredited until Year 5 at secondary level.
- The students sit Irish State Examinations, with the option of one non-curricular LI exam, at the end of Sixth Year www.examinations.ie
Currently, the following mother tongue languages are taught: